Family Support Worker & Pastoral Support
Zoe Robinson - Safeguarding and Family support worker.
Anna Forster - Safeguarding and Pastoral support.
We help support all families in our school, we work with and offer signposting to external agencies, such as:
- Enhance Workers
- Early help / Children’s services
- School nurse service / O.T. / Health visitors / Social workers / Speech and language
- SENCO support and Spectra
- Lifelines and bereavement services
- Social services
- Counselling services
- New Start
- Young Carers Trust
- Beam / Kooth 0-25 Emotional health and wellbeing service
- Support in house by pastoral support delivering 1:1 session for Reach for the Top (targeting mental health programme) and managing your emotions.
- We have been trained in the Solihull parenting approach and facilitate the ‘Understanding Your Child’ group workshops with parents.
We attend Core group meetings and hold ‘Early Help’ intervention meetings here in school, we also attend conference meetings.
We work closely with the teachers and families/children to give support and help intervention meetings here in school, we also attend Conference meetings.
We work closely with our teachers and families/children to give support and help throughout the children's time here at St Lawrence Primary School. By providing timely help when a family needs it, this prevents an escalation towards serious outcomes and avoids barriers to learning. We hope the children have a positive start to their educational journey, building positive relationships along the way.
We work with the ‘Strengthening Families’ team who can signpost and provide support from many agencies such as Help with Benefit, Money Matters, Worklessness, Carers Allowance, Citizens Advice and many other services.
We have close links with the church food bank project and the Mayfair centre.
We are based in the middle of the school for easy access for everyone, the children are free to pop in or make an appointment. Pastoral support is always visible in the school, we lead the ‘Pupil Mentoring’ scheme. We are here to listen and support and to provide a service when needed.